Neighbourhood Life is Shropshire Community Leisure Trust's approach to helping more people get active across Shropshire through physical and social activities.
Our Health and Wellbeing Programme is being delivered in partnership with Shropshire Council and has been specifically set up for people who are inactive but want to become more active through regular exercise and being more active in their daily lives.
To be eligible, you need to be over 18 and inactive (doing less than 30 minutes of exercise a week that gets your heart rate up and makes you breath more heavily).
The programme includes:
· A discounted membership for 6 months
· Support from one of our friendly Health and Wellbeing Coaches for the first 12 weeks
· Help to identify suitable activities that will help you achieve your activity goals both at our centres and in the community
· Weekly taster sessions for you to try new activities together ranging from guided walks and jogs to our exercise classes
· Weekly socials in the café to make new friends and talk about 'what's on' at our centres and in the community
"Normally I couldn't afford a gym, it was only by chance I found out about Neighbourhood Life and since joining it has made such a difference to me. The staff have been great, very helpful and supportive. I have found a purpose in life…It's a place also to be with people, as it's lonely sometimes on my own and I get the benefits of getting fit. Best thing that could ever have happened to me."
Jan Smethan, Programme Participant
To find out more about the programme, if you are eligible and how to secure a place contact:
Shrewsbury Sports Village: 01743 256260, NlifeShrewsburySV@serco.com
Oswestry Leisure Centre: 01691 677150, NlifeOswestryLC@serco.com
South Shropshire Leisure Centre: 01584 874620
Spending too much time sitting puts your health at risk
You burn 50 more calories an hour when standing than when sitting